OPIGS RPGs

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Re: OPIGS RPGs

Post  AnnieFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I think I will try re-rolling, thanks DL.

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsieur Disquette on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 pm

The member 'AnnieFan' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd20' : 3, 17, 1, 5, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 3, 8, 4, 7, 3
Monsieur Disquette
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm

So that makes:
Beef 6 (Damage Bonus -2)
Brains 25 (Roll Bonus +2, Languages 7)
Hammer 5 (To Hit Bonus -2)
Coruba 12 (Bonus HP -1)
Luck 5 (30% Chance to be Lucky)
OK, I like that better, because I'm smart now. My previous skill set seemed a little random. Hit Points now:

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsieur Disquette on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm

'd6' : 4
Monsieur Disquette
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm

That's 4d8 so...

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsieur Disquette on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm

'd8' : 1, 5, 4, 6
Monsieur Disquette
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:32 pm

And, with my -1 modifier, I have 15 hit points. Great!
I should come up with a character bio soon.

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Actually,thats -1 per die,so it gives you 12.

But maybe you should go with the first roll.Though less smart,it is more lucky,and has the greater sum(69 vs 53).
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Actually,thats -1 per die,so it gives you 12.
Yeah, I just checked the rules. And I do think I like this set of stats better, so I'll be keeping it.

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taneb on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 pm

My character is a ten-year-old robot, thus extremely out-of-date. I can speak, using my cyberpunk robot intelligence, a total of 6 languages. However, all that are installed at the moment are English and Hindi. I am equipped with a short blade, and a Swiss army knife which, due to recent legislation, has all the blades removed, leaving me with a screwdriver, a corkscrew, a blunt bottle opener, and a hoof cleaner. I also have the ability to hook up to wireless internet connections, but the legislation that bans robots from owning knives that weren't specifically designed for their model also bans robots carrying money. I was built out of nitinol, a shape-memory alloy, but I was built with the incapability to recognise most fast-moving objects, reducing my aiming capabilities. Oh, and my name is Epsilon.

Last edited by Taneb on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Taneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm

So,how would you like to start your adventure near the great yarmouth power station,Epsilon?
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taneb on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm

That seems appropriate, yes
Taneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

If you dont want to overload on rules,skip the next paragraph and just remember that you can always try to recruit some NPCs to follow you either as fodder,or as support.

Since there is no magic,and no psionics,characters that have brains bonus can get up to their bonus henchmen.However,when in group,the sum of bonuses divided by people in group is used.And if the person you want to recruit is a civilian(gang members,firefighters,medics,policemen,and similar arent considered civilians) or other race than you(robots are other race than humans),you get a penalty on use when you try to sweet talk them.Failure during recruting means theyll attack you.Also,if henchmen get seriously injured,you need another roll to make sure you can keep their moral,otherwise theyll leave.
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Sorry I didn't have time to post a character bio yesterday. Rotten homework!
My character is a 16-year-old boy named Nik Yakuna. I work as an intern for a large company which produces biochips. I'm currently working on circuits for the latest brain chip model, but I've never seen the full blueprint, so I'm not quite sure what improvements are being made. I live in an apartment provided by the company, since I'm not legally old enough to buy a house. I also secretly supply lasers for one of the major gangs in the city (so not exactly Lawful Good here...)
As for appearance, I have short black hair (I'm Japanese but I speak English fluently) and bright blue eyes (My parents had me genetically altered when I was younger and still lived with them). My only other distinguishing feature is a small scar on my right hand. I'm tall and thin, and carry a handmade laser pistol and an asthma inhaler.
I'm not posting my actual backstory here, because nobody else put theirs, so I guess it'll get revealed gradually over the course of the game, right?

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:59 pm

AnnieFan wrote:
I'm not posting my actual backstory here, because nobody else put theirs, so I guess it'll get revealed gradually over the course of the game, right?

Not necessarily.I havent planned for anything deep,nor tied in with characters pasts,so its only flawor for now.Maybe it gets tossed in in the future though.

Im going to put you in bradwell.The area just strikes me as a place for planned housings and has enough empty space for laboratories and such.

Once mister vader submits his general info and gets place,Ill start dropping some texts.Or the first thing in the morning.Whichever comes first.

Also,for combat resolutions,Im going to give you guys the stats needed,and youll roll both for you and your enemies,consecutively.Since we arent here at the same times,this way combats wont drag on for days.Unless I plan on something really big,that is.
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
AnnieFan wrote:

Not necessarily.I havent planned for anything deep,nor tied in with characters pasts,so its only flawor for now.Maybe it gets tossed in in the future though.
So how can you roleplay if you don't know anything about your character?

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:47 pm

AnnieFan wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:
AnnieFan wrote:

So how can you roleplay if you don't know anything about your character?

You know,but others dont.If its not in writing,it doesnt mean that its not in your head.If some information that wasnt already written is needed,you can just make it up on the spot.It is your character,so you can mold it any way you want,any time you want.

If you want to play your character without much thought,then it will mirror your personality.If you want it to be your complete opposite,then youll think of how youd behave,and then say the opposite of that.

There are no rules for role playing.Whatever you think your character would do in a given situation is correct.
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 pm

All right. I think I've got my character pretty much figured out, so it shouldn't be too hard.

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:24 am

Since we already had characters generated here,this thread will be reserved for in character actions and dice rolling.So keep everything else out of here.The only out of character stuff in here will be GM writing out how NPCs react,and giving out numbers for the players to use.

Anyway,Malcolm starts driving north along the highway,to a big car crash to help the wounded.People are already fighting the robots here,but there isnt a single soldier in sight.
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taneb on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

Epsilon makes his way slowly towards the big car crash. There are no human workers at the power station, so he won't be stopped, and nobody will hear about him going AWOL. Nobody cares about the robots. Perhaps someone there will care. It'll be safer than the power station. That's the third rule, right?
Taneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Nik is at home, listening to the news. He hears the announcement about being drafted, but heads towards his office rather than the military centre. He does not want to consider the possibility of leaving his job. As he is walking there, he sees a newspaper office with a scrolling headline about the car crash. He reads it perfunctorily, continuing on his way, but hesitates after a moment and turns around. The headline scrolls by again, and Nik enters the building to ask for the full story. He buys a newspaper (I do have some money left from when I started, right?) and reads it carefully, then leaves the building and walks as quickly as he can in the direction of the crash. (He doesn't run because he has asthma, as you should know if you read the bio carefully).

AnnieFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm

You still can try to recruit someone to accompany you at any time(except while in a fight).

Skip the rest of this post if you dont want numbers and tables:

Since less lucky,Nik and Malcolm will run into 1d6 fights,and here is the table for each of the encounters:

1-3 : One slightly damaged and one badly damaged robot
4-7 : One slightly damaged robot
8-12 : One badly damaged robot
13-17 : Nothing
18-20 : No encounter,but still 1 XP

While robots wont touch epsilon,he has to take a long route over the bridge(bridge road),which leads him through several groups of disoriented humans.Some of them are just looking for a fight.Due to higher luck,he will have 1d4 fights.

1-2 : Two gang members
3-6 : One gang member
7-11 : Two angry people
12-15 : Nothing
16-19 : No encounter,but still 1 XP
20 : No encounter,but still 2 XP

Here are the three rolls for encounters(AnieFan first,Taneb second,me third):
Daemian Lucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsieur Disquette on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm