Gregs' Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of character place

+3
AnnieFan
Taneb
Daemian Lucifer
7 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Out of character place - Page 6 Empty Re: Out of character place

Post  AnnieFan Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Strong Vader wrote:Yeah, my Force ghost character can't do much, anyway. But expect a lot of H2G2 and Star Wars refs.
Sounds cool to me.

AnnieFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:08 pm

AnnieFan wrote:
Strong Vader wrote:No, your base was evacuated and got antiradiation treatment.
So does that mean I can't get killed by radiation any more? Or is it temporary?

That means you are cleansed from the dose youve received.If you get irradiated again,you can die.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:09 pm

AnnieFan wrote:By the way, if eith Taneb or Vader wants to take a turn as GM, this would probably be a good time to start, what with all the new characters.

Id appreceate the break as well.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:15 pm

By the way,AnnieFan since you arent really front assault matterial,I thought of putting you in some of the other units.Any preferences,or do you want a random outcome?

Here are some examples I had in mind:APC/truck/tank driver(vehicle unit),scout/sniper/spy(stealth unit),battle armor/drugs/superguns(experimental unit).

Last edited by Daemian Lucifer on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 pm

No preference, really. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for me to choose, since Nik probably wouldn't be able to decide where he would get put. Go ahead and do it randomly.

AnnieFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:24 pm

AnnieFan wrote:No preference, really. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for me to choose, since Nik probably wouldn't be able to decide where he would get put.

I dont know how british army works,but I was asked to choose where I want to go when I did my obligatory service.

Ok,throw d20 and see what you get(I removed comm,radar and other stationary branches from there,so just the field ones are there):

1 Drug guinea pig
2-4Jeep/truck driver(unarmored transport)
5-7 Engineer
8-9 APC driver
10 Tank driver
11 Tank gunner
12-13 Scout
14-16 Sniper
17-19 Spy/infiltrator
20 Battlemech pilot
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm

OK.

AnnieFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsieur Disquette Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm

The member 'AnnieFan' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd20' : 9
Monsieur Disquette
Monsieur Disquette
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm

So that's APC driver, whatever an APC is.

AnnieFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Armored Personnel Carrier. Like a M2A2 Bradley.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

https://gregscorner.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:27 pm

AnnieFan wrote:So that's APC driver, whatever an APC is.

Armoured personnel carrier.

Of course,the one youll be driving will be amfibious as well.

Last edited by Daemian Lucifer on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieFan Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
AnnieFan wrote:So that's APC driver, whatever an APC is.

Armoured personnel carrier.
OK then, I can deal with that.

AnnieFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:29 pm

And should you invade in Normandy or Calais? 1d4, odd=Normandy, even=Calais.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Strong Vader wrote:And should you invade in Normandy or Calais? 1d4, odd=Normandy, even=Calais.

I wouldnt put that to chance.I actually planned to examine the coast of france and see the best entry points for a massive invasion.

But if you want to take the helm,go ahead,figure something out.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Strong Vader wrote:It's dead? (This is why playing spirit characters is fun.)

I decide to haunt the House of Lords in London.

It has ceased to be.It is an ex town.Etc.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:42 pm

(If I may)

The History of the World, Part VII

The world is divided into the greater power, the United States, which no longer just encompasses the North American continent, and the lesser power, the remains of the Soviet Union.

In the Three Years' War, the forces headed by the United States of America defeated the forces of the Soviet Union, annexing several states of the crumbling European and Soviet empires, some of which have recently gained independence peacefully, including Australia, South Africa, and the Sandwich Islands.

The Soviet Union's presence in Europe is diminished; it only holds the Baltic states, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. It absorbed central China gradually, and gained some territory there. However, central Siberia is a nuclear wasteland, where a Chernobyl-like accident turned far more deadly.

Europe is highly balkanized; Germany is nominally united, but consists of several powers, Bavaria, Prussia, and the like. France is dominated by Frankish tribes, who wander through the carpet-bombed wasteland. Strangely, the Balkans are the dominant power, where a resurgent Yugoslavia is the main economic center after US investment after the War.

The Japanese Empire, which consists of the Home Islands, are an industrial powerhouse, which is yet a shadow of its former self, which broke apart in the Three Years' War, attempting to play both superpowers off each other, and having its Eastern Chinese and Korean territory annexed by the United States and Manchuria annexed by the Soviet Union.

Whoa, this sounds like a heck of an Alternate History novel. Someone should find a PoD and we could write a book!
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I mostly like it.Except,that Id shift more power to the japan and china.

So,already having some progress,extra terrestrial technology has propelled japan into incredible scientific boom.After world war 2(yeah,I dont want that part of history to be changed...much),japan became the lead developer of robots and AI controlled vehicles.It has declared its independance,and disbanded all the army.However,all of their military hardware is being sold to the highest bidder every day,so the population is swimming in wealth.The transition to fusion power has greatly cleared the air of the major cities,and factories started popping up everywhere.Japan now has very few places dedicated to farming,and most of the island is being covered by massive factories,huge cities,and enourmous laboratories.It is on the brink to become one huge mega city.Also,due to so many people dealing with high technology,65% of japanese know of extra terrestrials,which is the largest percentage anywhere in the world.

China,on the other hand,has gone with a more military oriented route.Becoming a communist country has helped this a lot.The government was able to buy the bulk of neighbouring japans personel weapons and armor,and now has the best equiped human army in the world.While the rest of the powers concentrate more on using robots and vehicles,china uses its numerous population as the bulk of its fighting force.They have also aided the US in the distruction of soviet union,and it is suspected that chinese spies were responsible for siberia.

The chinese and us have an uneasy alliance,mostly coming out from the fact that if they went to war,the whole earth would be littered with radioactive fallout.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:25 pm

OK, then. The ragtag Soviet Union is a state with little money for anything but guns and planes and tanks. They maintain a presence in Central Asia, which allows the US to hold the Middle East easily; fear of the Soviet Union precedes wish for independence.

And Korea is a special state, which is democratic, defended by US troops similar to today, but along the Yalu river. Communist spies (mostly actual spies) are frequently found and given no quarter.

India is a US commonwealth; it consists of pre-partitioned India and Pakistan. It is divided into several self-administering states and territories.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Hold on,plot holes alert.

Ok,so oil comes mostly from siberia,which is a nuclear dump.So,the oil rigs and refineries are automated,and only robots maintain them,which is why it is used just by japan.Since most of japans power comes from fusion plants,oil is used for clothes and plastics alone.

British empire is the one that controls the world,not the us.So britain is the one with a grasp on india.

Us holds the west continet,meaning americas.Except for canada,who no one cares about Very Happy

Middle east is not really of much interest to anyone,since oil is not that much of a need.

Australia is also left alone by everyone and is almost as independant as japan,except less rich.It supplies japan with food however,due to its vast deserts that have been terraformed.

That puts the lid on plot holes,I think.

Ill put this in the gm corner a bit later.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Taneb wrote: This led to the world becoming more disordered, with the British empire crumbling away, in the end leaving it without even Wales.

Most of the world's oil comes from the sparsely populated region of Siberia, and is pumped directly to Japan, making the residents of Siberia some of the richest people alive.

The rest of the world's oil comes from the Middle East, which has collapsed into about 200 densely populated city-states. This Oligopoly on oil has most of the world's power to come from biofuels and hydro-electric power stations.

So, the US annexed them? As I mentioned? Maybe? No?
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 am

Strong Vader wrote:
So, the US annexed them? As I mentioned? Maybe? No?

The us doesnt colonize/anex.It makes sense as well.Why spend resources to oppress and maintain order,when you can just scoop the goodies.They just bribe some politicians,send some diplomats/spies and some troops if necessary,and then "buy" the goods they want.So while they may effectively control the region,I doubt that theyll have troops present there.Maybe a few military bases,but nothing more.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Strong Vader Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Yah, vell, politicians are yust zees veird guys, ya know?
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Hmmm...Because of the change in the rules for critical misses,I will copy the OPIGs rules in the GM corner.That is the one you should look at when doing the fighting,otherwise you might kill yourself when you dont have to.
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemian Lucifer Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:52 pm

No fair!I roll a string of 2s and 3s,and in just one roll,Taneb gets a 12!! Evil or Very Mad
Daemian Lucifer
Daemian Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum